Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Two weeks old
(Alyssa's 2 days old on the pictures...)

Alyssa's 2 weeks of life have brought Danny and me so much love and joy!
We're slowly but surely getting used to waking up every 3 hours for her feedings and diaper changes. She's a good baby: after she's nursed and had her diaper changed, she's normally pretty faithful to go right back to sleep. I'm not saying there haven't been exceptions though! Danny's the sweetest dad: since it is my God given duty to feed her, Danny does all the diaper changing during the night, so I don't have to stay up longer than necessary every night. Also, the few times when she won't go back to sleep right away, he'll take her out of the room and walk her around or sit with her in the living room so I can keep on sleeping. Isn't that the sweetest thing!

I'm blessed with the most wonderful man...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww so cute! She's beautiful & getting cuter with every pic you post. Que luv el Danny, gonna be the bestest daddy ever! ;) luv you guys!
-Gracie

Amanda May said...

So sweet, yes I must say there is something so sweet and precious about newborns.
I must say its gonna take some time for Andrew and I to get used to getting up at night again. He doesn't get to sleep in, so I do all the feeding, burping and diaper changing, it can take up to an hour at a time to do that. So I do lose at least 2 hours of sleep a night. But other then that he is a very good baby too. How is the weight loss going? I've lost 7kg since the birth.

GeminiSide said...

Finally I found your blog..
Danny, that's so cute, your such a good daddy, but I knew you were going to be since you were so good with Sam when she was pg.
Love you guys, glad you're getting settled as a family.

Wild Flower said...

Congratulations Sam. I'm really happy for you and your beautiful family. She's a beautiful little girl. I love you tons.